When I started a company a year and a half ago, I also started a list of things that would’ve been useful to have known ahead of time. My plan was to publish the list several years later in hindsight, but now that I’ve reached a nice round number (37) and half of my friends are starting companies, I thought it would be appropriate to start blogging a few of the less embarrassing ones.
I’ll be focusing on one item in each post, but don’t worry — after you read tip #1, you won’t have to read any of the others. Here are the first five I’m going to write about:
- Don’t Listen to Me or Anybody Else
- You Will Always Be One Step Away…
- Your Friends Won’t Be the Rabid Beta Users You Think They’ll Be
- It’ll Never Be “Obvious” in Six Months
- Technical Cop-Outs are Lame